Pinewood Derby Car Body – Sole Runner
Pinewood Derby Car Body – Sole Runner is a lighter wedge variant. While removing the excess wood weight, the Sole Runner is left structurally sound. Tech’s use side pockets for molten lead, or two weight pockets on the underside for tungsten weights. Weighing in around 20 grams. This body style will only work with HEAVY weights. Racers take note, 2 oz of tungsten cubes will not make this to racing weight. Cylinders will be difficult to use on this body style, and are not recommended. You will need a minimum of 3.5 oz of weight. 3.8-3.9 is probably the desired overall added weight to Pinewood Derby Car Body – Sole Runner. Underside pockets will accommodate tungsten cubes 1/4″ in height.
Pinewood Derby Car Body – Sole Runner is designed with the 7 principles of a fast pinewood derby car build in mind. Derby Dust Techs use simple, winning concepts that will get you in the winner’s circle when properly tuned.
Racers must handle all bodies with care. NO HAMMERING ever as this might splinter the wood. Because of this, a #44 drill bit provided with each body to ensure easy proper axle install. This body covers the low profile, lightweight, aerodynamic design. COG is usually between 1/2-3/4″ in front of rear axle.
About Pinewood Derby Car Body – Sole Runner
Sole Runner is made from the official pine, kiln dried, block, know the Pinewood Derby Car Body – Sole Runner is always compliant with all pack rules when BSA Slots is chosen as the wheelbase. Check your local rules prior to purchase. The rules of local events sometimes differ from those of BSA box rules. If you are unsure about the terminology, just email or text Blair. He will get you what you need.
BSA LEGAL (most of the time)
Made from an official BSA pine block, Pinewood Derby Car Body – Sole Runner conforms to all Cub Scout rules.
- 7″ in length
- Minimum 3/8″ ground clearance
- 1.75″ in width
- Final weight to 120-125 g
- Trimmed the wood away from the front wheel rub areas so you can make a rail rider if desired.
- May utilize rear camber axles
Derby Dust® offer’s a proven winning foundation to build your Champion. Our Pinewood Derby Car Body – Physics Lecture comes with the following:
- Wheel base: BSA slots, Drilled BSA distance, Extended Wheelbase. KNOW YOUR RULES!
- Balanced for max COG 1/2-3/4″ in front of rear axle
- Sanded to 220 grit finish
- Finish Kit which include, gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes, and #44 drill bit for proper wheel install without damaging your axle slots.
- A 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on bottom of body may be present so you can add small amounts of weight to bring the car up to 5.0 oz