Awana® Pinewood Derby Physics Car Body
Awana® Pinewood Derby Physics Car Body is ready for final sanding and paint. Derby Dust tech’s did all the heavy work for you with this physics design. Awana® cars are not offered by any big hobby stores. Consequently you will have to make car body yourself. Rather doing it yourself, you can opt to use a Derby Dust® body prepared by one of our specialized tech’s.
Awana® Pinewood Derby Physics Car Body consists of expertly installed, balanced weights along, smartly drilled axle holes. The body is then finished with 120 grit sanding. As a result know that your axles holes are drilled perfectly perpendicular to the body and parallel to the other side for fastest and easiest tuning. The physics car design is a simple, but moderate build.
Derby Dust® utilize a lighter pine block than the standard popular block. Consequently this car can have an aggressive COG. Rail Riding is highly suggested for maxim speed with for the physics car design. Awana® Physics Car does not utilize an under pocket unless weighted with tungsten cubes. Two rear weight pockets filled with molten lead are covered with wood putty to bring this car body to proper weight. Smartly cut with precision CNC machines to ensure proper car body every time.
Made from an official pine block, Awana® Pinewood Derby Physics Car Body conforms to most rules.
- 7″ in length
- 1.75″ in width
- Weight to 120-125 g
- Trimmed the wood away from the front wheel rub areas so you can make a rail rider if desired.
- Average rear height is just over .625″
Derby Dust® offer’s a proven winning foundation to build your Champion. Most noteworthy our Pinewood Derby Car Body Classic Big Wedge comes with the following:
- Balanced for max COG
- Axles holes drilled 3/32″ in diameter
- Sanded to 120 grit finish
- Finish Kit which include, gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes, and #44 drill bit for proper wheel install without damaging your axle slots.
- Wheel base: Drilled BSA distance or Extended Wheelbase. KNOW YOUR RULES!
- A 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on bottom of body may be present, but is not guaranteed.
There are no reviews yet.