Pinewood Derby Car Body – 4 Hole
Pinewood Derby Car Body – 4 Hole is another wedge variant. Derby Dust Likes these designs. This pinewood derby wedge is taken to the next step by drilling 4 incremental sized holes down the center. The 4 hole racing advantage is that of a light weight wood body with max COG towards the rear which comes in at 1/2″ or a little less. We think it’s a fun body. Hour glass is a weight / COG rail riding advantage car. Racers will only race on a smooth metal track for fastest results. We will phase out this design pinewood derby car body by the end of the year, 2019.
4 hole uses side pockets, fill with lead, then cover the holes with wood putty before the final 120 grit sanding. We use under pockets for tungsten cubes. Techs can not drill tungsten cylinders to reduce weight and as such cubes are used. Please take note that COG is very aggressive for the 4 Hole derby car . Rail rider tuning with use this body on a smooth metal track.
Made from an official pine block, Pinewood Derby Car Body – 4 Hole conforms to most rules.
- 7″ in length
- 1.75″ in width
- Weight to 120-125 g
- Trimmed the wood away from the front wheel rub areas so you can make a rail rider if desired.
- Average rear height is just over .625″
Derby Dust® offer’s a proven winning foundation to build your Champion. Most noteworthy our Pinewood Derby Car Body – 4 Hole comes with the following:
- Aggressive COG coming in around 1/2 or less″
- Axles holes drilled #44 in diameter
- Sanded to 120 grit finish
- Finish Kit which include, gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes, and #44 drill bit for proper wheel install without damaging your axle slots.
- Wheel base: Drilled BSA distance, BSA Slots, or Extended Wheelbase. KNOW YOUR RULES!
- A 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on bottom of body may be present, but is not guaranteed.
Pinewood Derby Car – Proper and BEST way to install wheels and Axles
There are no reviews yet.