Awana® Pinewood Derby Wing Dovetail Car Body
Derby Dust offers the Awana® Pinewood Derby Wing Dovetail Car Body ready for final sanding and paint. With most of the heavy work done by Derby Dust tech’s, we leave the final details to your Racer. Therefore rather doing it yourself, you can opt to use a Derby Dust® body prepared by one of our specialized tech’s to help you save time with your build.
Awana® Pinewood Derby Wing Dovetail Car Body utilizes properly installed, balanced weights along, precision drilled axle holes. Sanded to a 120 grit after wood putty is applied. Using precision drill guides, the axles holes are drilled perfectly perpendicular to the body and parallel to the other side for fastest and easiest tuning.
In contrast Derby Dust® improves Awana® Pinewood Derby Wing Dovetail Car Body design by using a lighter pine block than the factory poplar block. The car has an average COG at 3/4-1″ in front of the rear axle Rail Riding is highly suggested for maximum speed with for all possible car design.
Likewise Awana® Pinewood Derby Wing Dovetail Car Body does not utilize an under pocket unless weighted with tungsten cubes. Beautiful curved profile for minimum air drag. Two rear weight pockets filled with molten lead are covered with wood putty to bring this car body to proper weight.
Made from an official pine block, Awana® Pinewood Derby Wing Dovetail Car Body conforms to most rules:
- 7″ in length
- 1.75″ in width
- Weight to 120-125 g
- Removed wood away from the front wheels where rub may occur
- Average rear height is just over .75″
- Balanced for max COG
- Axles holes drilled 3/32″ in diameter
- Sanded to 120 grit finish
- Finish Kit which include, gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes, and #44 drill bit for proper wheel install without damaging your axle slots.
- Wheel base: Drilled BSA distance or Extended Wheelbase KNOW YOUR RULES
- 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on bottom of body may be present