Pinewood Derby Car Body – Harley
Pinewood Derby Car Body – Harley is a classic ramp design. Harely has a thin front end that rams up in height just over an inch to the rear. Each Harely is hand made with band saw and belt sander so each one will be a little different from the next. We use 2 weight pockets on the side of the car, pour molten lead, then cover with wood putty. Optionally, two pockets on the underside for tungsten ballasts. This Harley design can easily be made in your kitchen / garage with just a coping saw and and hand drill.
Pinewood Derby Car Body – Harley is for the beginner racer. Derby Dust Techs use simple, winning tips that will get you in the winner’s circle when properly tuned by you. Take note, NO HAMMERING ever. Because of this a #44 drill bit provided with each body to ensure easy proper axle install. This body covers the low profile, lightweight, aerodynamic design. COG is in the range of 3/4-1″ in front of rear axle which will allow this design to be used both on wooden and metal tracks.
About Pinewood Derby Car Body – Harley
Made from an official kiln dried BSA pine block, know the Pinewood Derby Car Body – Harley will meet all pack rules when BSA Slots is chosen as the wheelbase. Please, check your rules prior to purchase. The rules of local events sometimes differ from those of BSA box rules. Above all if you are unsure about the terminology, just email us, we will get you what you need.
BSA LEGAL (most of the time)
Made from an official BSA pine block, Pinewood Derby Car Body – Harley conforms to all Cub Scout rules.
- 7″ in length
- Minimum 3/8″ ground clearance
- 1.75″ in width
- Final weight to 120-125 g
- Trimmed the wood away from the front wheel rub areas so you can make a rail rider if desired.
- May utilize rear camber axles
Derby Dust® offer’s a proven winning foundation to build your Champion. Our Pinewood Derby Car Body – Harley comes with the following:
- Wheel base: BSA slots, Drilled BSA distance, Extended Wheelbase. KNOW YOUR RULES!
- Balanced for max COG 1/2-3/4″ in front of rear axle
- Sanded to 220 grit finish
- Finish Kit which include, gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes, and #44 drill bit for proper wheel install without damaging your axle slots.
- A 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on bottom of body may be present so you can add small amounts of weight to bring the car up to 5.0 oz