Awana® Pinewood Derby Slim Wedge Car Body
Derby Dust offers an Awana® Pinewood Derby Slim Wedge Car Body. This body is nearly ready to race with a little work left for your racer to personalize their ride. Furthermore, final sanding and paint are needed in addition to your favorite wheels and axles. The Tech’s at Derby Dust® do the heavy work, we leave the final details to your Racer. Be assured that the Awana® Pinewood Derby Slim Wedge Car Body will be properly balanced and expertly made.
Derby Dust® utilizes properly installed, balanced weights along with precision drilled axle holes using only the best jigs in the market. Perfect for Rail Rider on a metal track. Using precision drill guides, the axles holes are drilled perfectly perpendicular to the body and parallel to the other side for fastest and easiest tuning.
In contrast; Derby Dust® improves Awana® Pinewood Derby Slim Wedge Car Body design by using a lighter pine block than the factory poplar block. The car has an average COG at 1/2 -3/4″ in front of the rear axle. Rail Riding is highly suggested for maxim speed with for all possible car designs. Slim wedge is weighted with under pockets to accommodate lead or tungsten ballasts.
Made from an official pine block, Awana® Pinewood Derby Wing Dovetail Car Body conforms to most rules:
- 7″ in length
- 1.75″ in width
- Weight to 120-125 g
- Removed wood away from the front wheels where rub may occur
- Average rear height is just over .75″
Awana® Pinewood Derby Slim Wedge Car Body Body:
- Balanced for max COG
- Axles holes drilled 3/32″ in diameter
- Sanded to 120 grit finish
- Finish Kit which include, gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes, and #44 drill bit for proper wheel install without damaging your axle slots.
- Wheel base: Drilled BSA distance or Extended Wheelbase KNOW YOUR RULES
- 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on bottom of body may be present