Pinewood Derby Car Body – Hour Glass
Pinewood Derby Car Body – Hour Glass is an ultralight variant by nature. We take a pinewood derby wedge body undercut it to remove wood weight, then add some curvy lines to make unique design. We think its a great body. Hour glass was a weight / COG advantage car. Not everyone has the same tastes as we do. We are phasing out this design pinewood derby car body. 2019 will be the last year we offer it. This is what the front is supposed to look like.
Derby Dust cuts side pockets, fill with lead, then cover the holes with wood putty. Final sanding to the outer parts completes the process. We use under pockets for tungsten cubes. Techs can not drill tungsten cylinders to reduce weight and as such cubes are used. Please take note that COG is 1/2″ or a little more. Racers will use this body on a smooth metal track.
Made from an official pine block, Pinewood Derby Car Body – Wish Bone conforms to most rules.
- 7″ in length
- 1.75″ in width
- Weight to 120-125 g
- Trimmed the wood away from the front wheel rub areas so you can make a rail rider if desired.
- Average rear height is just over .625″
Derby Dust® offer’s a proven winning foundation to build your Champion. Most noteworthy our Pinewood Derby Car Body – Hour Glass comes with the following:
- Aggressive COG coming in around 1/2″
- Axles holes drilled #44 wire size
- Sanded to 120 grit finish
- Finish Kit which include, gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes, and #44 drill bit for proper wheel install without damaging your axle slots.
- Wheel base: Drilled BSA distance, BSA Slots, or Extended Wheelbase. KNOW YOUR RULES!
- A 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on bottom of body may be present, but is not guaranteed.