Pinewood Derby Car Body – Super Slim Wedge
We designed Pinewood Derby Car Body – Super Slim Wedge as a superior racer than the Classic Wedge Design.
For this reason our expert on-site technicians have meticulously crafted a state of the art lightweight body with a low profile and aerodynamic design.
This simple yet timelessly elegant design will undoubtedly land you in the winner’s circle.
We have fashioned the Pinewood Derby Car Body – Super Slim Wedge with minimal overall weight in mind.
These pockets will contain tungsten cubes with a height of ¼” (2.0 oz tungsten cubes will not bring this up to racing weight).
Weighing in at 15 grams this body style should be used with heavy weights will need a minimum of 3.5 oz of added weight.
We suggest an overall added weight of 3.8 – 3.9 oz.
The use of cylinders is not ideal for this style of body.
Remember racers should always handle these bodies with care.
We strongly recommend no hammering whatsoever.
Keep in mind the center of gravity can be always adjusted in a near infinite number of ways to meet the unique specifications of each and every racer.
About Pinewood Derby Car Body – Super Slim Wedge
We fashioned the Pinewood Derby Car Body – Super Slim Wedge from an official kiln dried BSA block.
But before you make a purchase, please check your local guidelines for exact specifications.
The rules of local events can sometimes differ from those of BSA box rules.
If you are unsure about the terminology, just email us. We are always more than happy to help you get exactly what you need.
Made from an official BSA pine block, rest assured this Pinewood Derby Car Body – Physics Lecture conforms to all official Cub Scout standards and rules.
- 7” in length
- Minimum ⅜” ground clearance
- 1.75″ in width
- Final weight of 120-125 grams
- The wood is trimmed away from the front wheel rub areas, so you can make a rail rider if desired
- May utilize rear camber axles
Derby Dust® proudly offers a proven winning foundation for building your champion.
Our Pinewood Derby Car Body – Physics Lecture comes with the following:
- Wheelbase: BSA slots, drilled BSA distance, extended wheelbase.
- Balanced for maximum COG ½ – ¾″ in front of rear axle
- Sanded to 220 grit finish
- Finish Kit which includes a gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes and a #44 drill bit to facilitate proper wheel installation without damaging your axle slots
- A 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on the underside of each body that allows for the addition of small weights in order to bring the car up to 5.0 oz