Titanium 2 Groove Axles – Titan Pro
Titanium 2 Groove Axles are highly specialized Pinewood Derby design. These axles are precision machined on a Swiss C.N.C Turning Center for watch-maker type precision from titanium and then custom media polished for a slick / non-directional finish.
The grooves further reduce the friction. The slots also serve as a storage place for extra axle lubrication. Groove axles are designed for speed in your cub’s Pinewood Derby races. However, they require special preparation for those speeds. You may need to help your cub with all the steps.
Titanium 2 Groove Axles include:
- Larger 093″ diameter at the wheel area for a precision fit on all BSA wheels. This reduces friction and wheel wobble.
- The main shaft of the Titanium axle is a standard .088″.
- Head of the Groove axle is the same size and radius as a standard BSA axle.
- Back of axle head is tapered slightly to reduce contact with the wheel.
- The axle is 48% lighter than our other axles
- Titanium doesn’t corrode so these axles will stay polished longer
- Titanium Axle has grooves to reduce friction and holds graphite during the race.
- Machine polished to a very fine mirror finish – ready to race!
- These will NOT PASS a magnet test
No additional polishing is needed. However we do offer the 100K polishing service to further polish beyond the machining process.
- Works well with Oil Lube
- Works well with Graphite Lube
During the race day, your cub should observe the rules around lubrication. There may also need to be spot axle adjustments as the Pinewood Derby races continue, so keep your tools handy while you enjoy your cub’s race day.
Titanium 2 Groove Axles will work with the slots found in all brands of pinewood derby car kits or with both the Derby Worx Pro Body Tool & Pro Body Tool Axle Jig for an excellent alignment! Derby Worx recommends either our “Pro Rail Rider Tool” or “Pro Axle Bender” for finishing tuning to a Rail Rider® alignment for maximum speed and performance.
Derby Dust® is a authorized dealer of Derby Worx® products.