Pinewood Derby Car Body Classic Big Wedge
Pinewood Derby Car Body Classic Big Wedge ready for final sanding and paint. Same style offered by many big hobby stores, however we have already installed the weights, sanded it smooth and the majority of work. Should save you a few hours time in your build. If you have limited tools, this Pinewood Derby Car Body Classic Big Wedge is a great first time or kitchen-doable build. No fancy tools, no complicated scroll cuts. Just a simple aerodynamic, wedge.
Because of the amount of wood weight in Pinewood Derby Car Body Classic Big Wedge, and no undercut pocket to remove that weight, note this car does not have an aggressive COG. Two rear weight pockets filled with molten lead are covered with wood putty to bring this Pinewood Derby Car Body Classic Big Wedge to weight. Our slim wedges, and ultra lite wedges are the rear racing machines of the wedge designs. However, those have cuts made with CNC router so be prepared to have a good build story.
Made from an official BSA pine block, Pinewood Derby Car Body Classic Big Wedge conforms to all Cub Scout rules.
- 7″ in length
- 1.75″ in width
- Weight to 120-125 g
- Trimmed the wood away from the front wheel rub areas so you can make a rail rider if desired.
- Average rear height is just over 1″. Because of this, 2-3 degree camber wheels will be difficult if near impossible to install without the top of the wheels rubbing the body.
Derby Dust® offer’s a proven winning foundation to build your Champion. Our Pinewood Derby Car Body Classic Big Wedge comes with the following:
- Balanced for max COG
- Sanded to 220 grit finish
- Finish Kit which include, gap gauge, foil tape for covering holes, and #44 drill bit for proper wheel install without damaging your axle slots.
- Wheel base: BSA slots, Drilled BSA distance, Extended Wheelbase. KNOW YOUR RULES!
- A 1.25″ diameter weight pocket on bottom of body may be present so you can add small amounts of weight to bring the car up to 5.0 oz