Pinewood Under Glow Lights
Pinewood Derby Pro Lights LED Under Glow Kit is easy to install. This fully assembled LED light kit features 2 LED light strips of 5 blue and white lights. These light kits have 3 display modes: Fast Blink / Slow Blink / Solid. Add some flair to your scout car.
This kit installs easily and requires a drill, 1 1/8″ paddle drill or forstner bit, 3/16″ & ¼” standard drill bits and some super glue. The total weight of this light kit is 0.35 oz. So properly weighting your derby racer can still be achieved for maximum performance along with flashy looks.
Pinewood Under Glow Lights Install Instructions
- Remove battery shipping tab and test lights. The on/off button is indicated by the symbol on the case.
- Find the center between the axles, the light strips will be between the wheels.
- Find the center of the car width wise and make a mark where the 2 lines intersect.
- Now measure towards the rear of the car 7/8″ from the mark and make a second make, this is where the module will be installed.
- Place the block in a vice, using either a 1 1/8″ paddle bit or forstner but (available at any hardware store) drill a hole 3/8″ deep for the module.
- Cut a slight relief in the rear of the module hole so the wires will lay relaxed. ***Caution, a wood carving knife or rotary tool can be used for this process, always wear safety glasses and use adult supervision***
- Insert the module and gently curve the wires to place the LED strips in the recommended position. Centered between the wheels near each edge.
- Remove the adhesive backing on the LED strips and carefully apply them to the bottom of the car.
- Apply the clear, vinyl underside decal to secure your light kit. Start in the center and work outward gently forming the decal over the LED lights and wires to secure them to the bottom of the car. Finish by wrapping the decal over the sides to insure it is all locked together. Since it’s a clear material, it will not hide any paint or decals. NOTE: Do not race your car without the underside decal in place, this prevents damage to the lights and safeguards against race fouling.
- Replacement Battery: Lithium CR 2032
Enjoy your new lighting system!
There are no reviews yet.