Pinewood Derby Car Kit – Canopy #8 by Derby Dust®
Pinewood Derby Car Kit – Canopy #8 by Derby Dust® utilizes a canopy style weight. We slice a section of an official BSA block, plane it to .25″ thickness for minimal wood weight, and then finally we cnc laser this profile to get you in the winner’s circle. Our fast kit includes a pre-cut pinewood derby car body, weight, prepared wheels, polished speed axles and graphite lube which comply to most pack’s rules. Wheel and axle upgrades available.
While every Pinewood Derby Car will have wheels and axles, do you know the tricks that will help you get maximum speed of the car? As a result Derby Dust® tech’s take the guess work out of build a champion When designing your car, there are several key issues to consider that includes the efficiency of all the parts put together. Using these known tricks will result in a fast pinewood derby car that looks and performs better.
This Pinewood Derby Car Kit – Canopy #8 comes standard with:
- Pre-cut pinewood derby car body in Reverse BSA slots or Drilled BSA Distance
- 2k diamond polished pinewood derby speed axles
- Derby Dust® Lightly Lathed Wheels
- Your Choice of Lead or tungsten canopy weight
- Gap Gauge
- #44 Drill bit
- Small weight ballast to bring to 5 oz weight after painting
- Strip of Foil tape to cover any exposed weight on the underside
- Sample Tube of Derby Dust® Dry Lube
- Written instructions with YouTube how to’s on reference.
Customers choose custom pinewood derby parts according to their pack rules to make their kit faster:
- Higher polished speed axles
- Rail Riding Axles
- Lighter weight reduced pinewood speed wheels
- Tungsten weights
- Wheel bore polishing
Kits with axle slots are always fully BSA compliant with all pack rules. Especially relevant are your local pack rules. Please check these rules before purchasing a car body with drilled axle holes.
Leave them in the Dust with Axle and Wheel Upgrade Options