Pinewood Derby Polishing Spears
Polish your pinewood derby wheel bores to get the fastest derby speed. The wheel manufacturing process leaves a rough textured skin on the inner bore and hubs. In order to eliminate the most friction, you have to use a plastic polish abrasive. Apply polish to the inner bore with these cotton spun Pinewood Derby Polishing Spears.
- Two dozen (24x ) micro bore no scratch Pinewood Derby Polishing Spears
- These new Craft Cotton Swabs have tightly spun cotton tips and are easy to use. Use wet, use dry.
- These are industrial strength cotton swabs, and compared with those found in supermarkets, they do not fray as easily when wet or dipped in solvents, resulting in less wastage.
- Slightly larger than a pinewood derby bore, the cotton will compress to make a nice tight fit inside the the wheel bore with enough ‘elbow grease” to get the job done correctly. A pinch to the back of the swab may be necessary to ensure proper bore clearance.
- Use these polishing spears with low rpm drill type device. Stay away from high RPM’s devices.
Pinewood Derby Wheel Polishing
We were the first to bring things little jewels to the pinewood derby niche. The spears are far superior to pipe cleaners for polishing the wheel bores. Their tightly woven cotton matrix removes any manufacturing trash left over from the injection molding process. These polishing spears combined with a plastic polish such as Novus will give your bores the near mirror finish to get you ahead of the pinewood racing pack.
- Do not use these spears to apply wax or sealant. For that process you will need the extra fluffy pipe cleaners.
- These swabs are perfect for adding any number of Pinewood Derby stickers or decals.
- Use them to paint premium Pinewood Derby Car Pin striping on your car. The sky’s the limit.