Pinewood Derby Center Rail Rider Car Kit – EZ
We took the guess work out for you with our Pinewood Derby Center Rail Rider Car Kit – EZ. These are fast cars, time after time. They are built for one thing in mind, speed. Most of all we will keep it simple as we can.
While every Pinewood Derby Car will have wheels and axles, do you know the tricks that will help you get maximum speed of the car? As a result Derby Dust® tech’s take the guess work out of build a champion When designing your car, there are several key issues to consider that includes the efficiency of all the parts put together. Using these known tricks will result in a fast pinewood derby car that looks and performs better.
Derby Dust® EZ car kit is a great choice for those that can not get the hang of adjusting tuning a car to get the fastest possible speeds. Most noteworthy is we eliminate the need to know how to adjust the axles due to pre-drilling axle holes at given degrees of angles. in conclusion all the builder must do is push the axles in the drilled holes, and properly gap them. Glue in place, and do a proper graphite break-in.
Is this kit as fast as a hand-tuned car? NO it is not as fast as a hand-tuned car. A hand-tuned car is adjusted to the proper point to where the car barely crosses center at a given point. A pre-drilled car needs to be certain that it will ride the center strip. As a result the car is slightly over-steered which will reduce the maximum speed that it could attain.
Derby Dust EZ Pinewood Derby Car Kit How To Instructions
- Pinewood derby body styles: Physics, Slim Wedge
- 3 Wheel Racing ONLY.
- Wheelbase: BSA Slots Only
- Weighted to 4.80oz
- Tungsten Putty provided for final weight at weigh in
- Foil Tape provided to cover weight hole to keep within BSA rules
- BSA Slots pre-drilled for straight axle install using the Goat Boy Drill Station. Rears drilled at 3 degrees negative camber. Front right will be drilled for steering left. Left will be high wheel.
- Ready to race wheels according to your rules.
- Pinewood derby wheel polish kit included. Polished and Prep Service available.
- Ready to race axles – Straightened, burrs removed, polished ready for dry lube.
- Gap Gauge
- #44 Drill bit
- Derby Dust Graphite
Additional Products Needed:
- Primer and Paint of Choice
Leave them in the Dust with Axle and Wheel Upgrade Options