Pinewood Derby Car Kit – Plank by Derby Dust®
Pinewood Derby Car Kit – Plank by Derby Dust®. Utilizing an official BSA block, we slice a portion of the block using a band saw, plane to .25″ thickness, then precision laser cut the weight pocket to get your champion racer the winner’s circle with ease. Ready to customize to your liking.
Because every winning Pinewood Derby Car Kit – Plank has wheels and axles, do you know the secrets that will help you get fastest speed of the car? As a result, Derby Dust® techs take the guesswork out of making a winning racer.
When making your derby car, there are key issues to consider that includes the benefit of all the parts put together. Using these known tips will result in a winning pinewood derby car that looks and performs better than the rest of the pack.
Pinewood Derby Car Kit – Plank comes standard with:
- Pre-cut car body in BSA axle slot or Drilled BSA Distance
- 2k diamond polished axles
- Derby Dust® Lightly Lathed Wheels
- 4ox Tungsten Cubes.
- Gap Gauge
- #44 Drill bit
- Small weight ballast to bring to 5 oz weight after painting
- Strip of Foil tape to cover any exposed weight on the underside
- Sample Tube of Derby Dust® Dry Lube
- Written instructions with YouTube hand’s on reference.
Customers choose custom parts according to their pack rules such as:
- Higher polished speed axles
- Rail Riding Axles
- Lighter weight reduced pinewood speed wheels
- Wheel bore polishing
Our Pinewood Derby Car Kit – Plank comes with either precision cut cnc axle slots or precision drilled axle holes drilled with the Goat Boy Drill Station.
Kits with axle slots are always fully BSA compliant with all pack rules.
Please check your pack rules before purchasing a car body with drilled axle holes.