Pinewood Derby Center Rail Rider Tuned Car Body
We take the guess work out for you with our Pinewood Derby Center Rail Rider Tuned Car Body – Physics Lecture EZ Tune. These are fast cars, time after time. They are built for one thing in mind, speed. Most of all we will keep it simple as we can.
Derby Dust® EZ Tune cars are a great choice for those that can not get the hang of adjusting tuning a car to get the fastest possible speeds. Most noteworthy is we eliminate the need to know how to adjust the axles due to pre-drilling axle holes at given degrees of angles. In conclusion all the builder must do is push straight axles in the drilled holes, and properly gap them. Glue in place, and do a proper graphite break-in.
This car design has the data that you can’t simply beat. Based on a well known how to pinewood car design, Derby Dust® techs tweak it a little to make it our own. Physics Lecture Pinewood Derby Car is our best selling car without a doubt.
Is this kit as fast as a hand-tuned car?
NO it is not as fast as a hand-tuned car. A hand-tuned car is adjusted to the proper point to where the car barely crosses center at a given point. A pre-drilled car needs to be certain that it will ride the center strip. As a result the car is slightly over-steered which will reduce the maximum speed that it could attain.
*Please note, the Pitstop Drill Guide and the push rod shown in video has been discontinued. The EZ Kit will no longer come with these tools.
- 3 Wheel Racing ONLY.
- Wheelbase: BSA Slots, Drilled BSA Distance, Extended Wheelbase
- Unweighted / Weighted to 120-125 grams
- Tungsten Putty provided for final weight at weigh in (weighted bodies only)
- Axles pre-drilled for straight axle install using the Goat Boy Drill Station. Rear axles drill at 3 degrees negative camber. Front right will be drill for steering left. Left will be high wheel.
- #44 Drill bit
Additional Products Needed:
- Primer and Paint of Choice