Pinewood Car Precision Block
Derby Dust has just took PWD to the next level. Pinewood Car Precision Block – Ponderosa Kiln Dired Pine CNC cut slots. Manufactured by Woodgrain MillWorks, the company that makes the official PWD block. We buy pallets of 4400 blocks at a time with no kerfs (axle slots). Using our unique clamping fixture, we are able to mill axle slots perfectly square to each individual body to make a Pinewood Car Precision Block. And the results will show this is key to building a successful fast car.
Why does Pinewood Precision Block matter? This ensure that your wheel are pointed in the best possible position, straight ahead down the track. Watch the process, see the results. Less tuning times. Straighter running cars. A must for those guys that can’t have canted wheels or have to have 4 wheels touching the track at a price that will not bust the bank! Get a FULL block, not a 1/4″ strip piece of wood.
Want the precision block drilled? We can do that too. And not with some mini drill press. Using our new 3d Printed Axle Drill Jigs
Preweight Option Pinewood Car Precision Block
Then if you would like, you can have it pre-weighted.
Thinking outside the box, Derby Dust now offers the precision blocks – with pocket weights. No need worrying about how to make the weight work. Simply make your design fit around the perfectly placed weight of our pre-weighted blocks. No additional weight will need to be purchased. Price includes milled Weight Pocket.
- Current precision block weight weight weighs around 7.2oz
- Depth of weight is approx 1/4″
- COG If made into a simple wedge, the center of gravity is approx 3/4-1″ in front of rear axle (your design will change that)
- Weight: Soft Lead (supplied and formed to weight pocket). Once car is completed, simply drill excess weight out of front weight pocket to bring to weight. You will need to glue it in place prior to race day.
- Foil Tape provided to cover exposed lead for those packs that require it.
- Weight Pocket option: 2 large pockets machined on bottom to accept weights. Tungsten cubes would be best. Dimensions same as above.
Types Of Wheel Base for derby car block
- Standard BSA Block
- Drilled Std BSA Distance
- Extended Wheel Base
- 3 Wheel bodies also available.