B2B Pinewood Car Kits
B2B Pinewood Car Kits are for first-timer builders, who might be overwhelmed with the amount of information there is about racing this little wooden car down a track for 3 seconds! We know because we talk to these first-timers every day.
Just sand. Paint. Race.
B2B Pinewood Car Body
Derby Dust® has chosen some simple proven derby design profiles to offer with this series. A classic thinner wedge, the proven Physics design, and a race type car that can be made into various coupe style designs, police car, race car, or even a cyber truck. Then, we:
- BSA SLOT only, please don’t ask to change.
- Weight included
- Pre-drill axles for your choice of setups: 4 wheels touching, 3 wheels touching, *3 wheels center rail riding
*Pre-drilled center rail riding car is drilled with 3 degrees of negative camber for the rear axles which will use straight axles. The steer for this is predetermined and drilled positive camber with an exaggerated toe in for a straight axle. It will steer to the high wheel. NO I can not make this a 4 wheel riding car.
Question: Is this kit as fast as a hand-tuned car?
Answer: NO it is not as fast as a hand-tuned car.
A hand-tuned car is adjusted to the proper point to where the car barely crosses center at a given point.
The fastest setup option will be the 3 wheel, center rail riding car.
B2B Derby Axles and Wheels
- Race-Ready BSA replica axles
- Lightly machined wheels that are larger than 1.170″ in diameter with a resurfaced factory hub machined by Derby Worx. It also comes with optional wheel upgrades that include hub modification and weight reduced wheel. Read your rules, see what you can race
- Wheel polish service… can’t stress enough how great this step is for speed! Easy enough for your cubber to do.
B2B Pinewood Finishing Supplies
- Foil Tape to cover all pockets
- Gap gauge to ensure proper wheel spacing
- Graphite Lube For Racing
- Pipe Cleaners for Wheel Burnish
- Tungsten Putty for final weight
Additional Products Needed
- Sand paper
- Primer and Paint of Choice
- 24 hours of time