B2B Pinewood Car Kits
B2B Pinewood Car Kits are for first-timer builders, who might be overwhelmed with the amount of information there is about racing this little wooden car down a track for 3 seconds! We know because we talk to these first-timers every day.
We have decided to make it really simple.
A few basic car profiles with ready to race axles, wheels.
No drills. No frills. No complications. No confusion. Just sand, paint, race. If you want the fancy stuff, hit the back button a few times.
B2B Pinewood Car Body
Derby Dust® has chosen some simple proven derby design profiles to offer with this series. A classic thinner wedge, the proven Physics design, and a race type car that can be made into various coupe style designs, police car, race car, or even a cyber truck. Then, we:
- BSA SLOT only, please don’t ask to change.
- Pockets on the underside for steel weights
- Pre-drill axles for your choice of setups: 4 wheels touching, 3 wheels touching, *3 wheels center rail riding
*Pre-drilled center rail riding car is drilled with 3 degrees of negative camber for the rear axles which will use straight axles. The steer for this is pre-determined and drilled positive camber with an exaggerated toe in for a straight axle. It will steer to the high wheel. NO I can not make this a 4 wheel riding car.
Is this kit as fast as a hand-tuned car?
NO it is not as fast as a hand-tuned car.
A hand-tuned car is adjusted to the proper point to where the car barely crosses center at a given point. The fastest setup option will be the 3 wheel, center rail riding car.
B2B Derby Axles and Wheels
- Race-Ready BSA replica axles
- Lightly machined wheels that are larger than 1.170″ in diameter with a resurfaced factory hub machined by Derby Worx. It also comes with optional wheel upgrades that include hub modification and weight reduced wheel. Read your rules, see what you can race
- Wheel polish service… can’t stress enough how great this step is for speed! Easy enough for your cubber to do.
B2B Pinewood Finishing Supplies
Additional Products Needed
- Sand paper
- Primer and Paint of Choice
- 24 hours of time