B2B Pinewood Car Kits
B2B Pinewood Car Kits are for First timer builders are overwhelmed with the amount of information there is about racing this little wooden car down a track for 3 seconds! We know because we talk to them everyday. We have decided to make it really simple. A few basic car profiles with ready to race axles, wheels. Everything pre-drilled, no drills, frills, complications, confusion. Sand, paint, race. If you want the fancy stuff, hit the back button a few times.
B2B Pinewood Car Body
Derby Dust® has chosen some simple proven derby design profiles to offer with this series. A classic thinner wedge, the proven Physics design, and a race type car that can be made into various coupe style designs, police car, race car, or even a cyber truck. We then…
- BSA SLOT only, please don’t ask to change.
- Pockets to the underside for steel weights
- Pre-drill axles for your choice of setups: 4 wheels touching, 3 wheels touching, *3 wheels center rail riding
*Pre drilled center rail riding car is drilled with 3 degrees of negative camber for the rear axles which will use straight axles. The steer for this is pre-determined and drilled positive camber with an exaggerated toe in for a straight axle. It will steer to the high wheel. NO I can not make this a 4 wheel riding car.
Is this kit as fast as a hand-tuned car? NO it is not as fast as a hand-tuned car. A hand-tuned car is adjusted to the proper point to where the car barely crosses center at a given point. The fastest setup option will be the 3 wheel, center rail riding car.
B2B Derby Axles and Wheels
- Race Ready BSA replica axles
- Lightly machined wheels that are larger than 1.170″ in diameter with a resurfaced factory hub machined by Derby Worx, optional wheel upgrades include hub modification and weight reduced wheel. Read your rules, see what you can race
- Wheel polish service…. Cant stress enough how great this step is for speed. Easy enough for your cubber to do.
B2B Pinewood Finishing Supplies
- Foil Tape to cover all pockets
- Gap gauge to ensure proper wheel spacing
- Graphite Lube For Racing
- Pipe Cleaners for Wheel Burnish
- Tungsten Putty for final weight
Additional Products Needed:
- Sand paper
- Primer and Paint of Choice
- 24 hours of time