Derby Axle Final Polish
Derby Dust Derby Axle Final Polish brings a mirror shine to your axles. PWD Experts state that higher polished derby axles race faster. Our axle polish will allow you to create optimized axles for top speeds. Use Derby Axle Final Polish after wet sanding derby axles. The super fine 0.25 micron diamond abrasive is in a paste suspension which is applied in a burnishing technique. Typical application takes 30 seconds per axle. Please have your axle sealant of choice ready for application after using the final polish.
After a few races, your graphite lube has been raced off. As such, there is no lubrication between your axle and wheel bore. To ensure that you have an advantage, the more friction you can reduce will give you the advantage over the next racer. Polishing axles with Derby Axle Final Polish to a finer, mirror like surface will reduce friction.
Wet sanding your axles can only do so much for speed. If you need a step up in a competitive pack, this final axle prep is the next step.
- 1ml of paste will do plenty of derby axles. Should be good enough for 5+ sets (20x) of axles.
- Heavy Duty Cotton String (provided)
- White T-Shirt Strips (provided)
- Do not use with 100K grit axles
Need a Wheel Advantage? Make sure to use our wheel polish kit with our synthetic bore sealant
Instructions for Derby Axle Final Polish:
- Place axle in drill exposing the portion to polish and turn on
- Rub a liberal amount of Final Axle Polish on a new strip of provided cotton string
- Slide string back and forth on axle shaft and inside of nail head. Make sure to polish the portion of the shaft on which the wheel will spin, and polish the underside of the axle head.
- Apply to axle for 15 second
- Repeat with same axle with a clean strip of the provided t-shirt material Buff off the residue with a clean part of the t-shirt material until no more black residue comes off the axle.
- Repeat the previous steps with remaining axles
- Racers must leave on as a temporary protection from rust until axles are sealed. Once sealant is selected, clean axles thoroughly with Isopropyl Alcohol prior to sealant application (Pledge–for graphite, Dupont Chainsaver for oil or other advance sealants).